• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1- Korea War project

Gunfighter_Fr

Hi dears members!

I submit to you a project for a new G-1. I plan to represent a VMF-323 jacket worn
during Korea war, the base will be an ELC G-1.
On the web I found some pictures of patches but not an entire G1 http://home.inreach.com/tc/page22.html.
I know it is not easy to get real patches, or the quality of the reproduction are not good or the wrong period.
I am opened to other suggestions; I would like to represent in any case a Corsair Squadron during Korea (like in the previous topic with the VMF- 312)

Thanks for your help!
Julien

oose

Hi Julien,

Hope these help, Good luck in you project, if I find anything else I'll let you know.

WW2

axtell.jpg

fig32.jpg

Korea

323a.jpg

323b.jpg

Post Korea 50's
usn-1.jpg

yours stu

greyhound52

Julien,
Sorry to post this late as I just saw it. This is one of my favorite patches. I saw this one on ebay and of course didn't buy it. But did snag this image. I was going to get Jerome to paint one for me someday.

248c_1.jpg

mowgli

Julien,

I am a Marine aviator stationed in Iwakuni Japan. Outside the gate, there is a shop run by an older gentleman that has been in business since 1956. He and his father have made patches for all the USMC squadrons who have rolled through here since they opened, and continue to do so today. I've seen a few really nice patches that I can recommend as outstanding examples of Marine aviation. VMF(VMA)-323 Death Rattlers, VMF-212 Devil Cats, VMF(VMA)-312 Checkerboards, VMA-251 and lastly VMF(N)-513 Nightmares. Any of these squadrons would be suitable for your jacket, and since they are made out of cloth, they are the most realistic for the time period. Let me know if you would like me to take some photos and send them to you. I'd be willing to buy the patch and send it your way. Let me know.

Mowgli