• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1 Jacket walk in

a2jacketpatches

Within an hour or so of opening the new shop, a guy I met last week brought this in, synthetic collar and I believe it's cowhide, any idea when it was made and the maker? For 20 bucks, it's worth it no matter what, looks like crap but will clean up nicely.

I gotta get a sign out front "Buying old Military Stuff" who knows what else will walk through the door.

G1001.jpg

G1002.jpg

A

Anonymous

looks like Brill Bros to me, but I could be wrong
it's cowhide pressed with goatskin grain

jschare

The E model came in existence around 1971, I believe. The E series, for the most part, had faux mouton and cowhide pressed to look like goatskin. The "00" in the 8415-00-268-7799 could mean the year 2000 for when it was made.

Russ 27752

Hi, FNG here...My first post at that.

The 5th and 6th digit of the National (or NATO) Stock Number (NSN) is a two-position Country Code. 00 and 01 are reserved for the United States. This means the jacket was manufactured (or assembled) in the USA.

HTH,
Russ

jschare said:
The E model came in existence around 1971, I believe. The E series, for the most part, had faux mouton and cowhide pressed to look like goatskin. The "00" in the 8415-00-268-7799 could mean the year 2000 for when it was made.

jschare

Russ 27752 said:
Hi, FNG here...My first post at that.

The 5th and 6th digit of the National (or NATO) Stock Number (NSN) is a two-position Country Code. 00 and 01 are reserved for the United States. This means the jacket was manufactured (or assembled) in the USA.

HTH,
Russ

jschare said:

Well there you go... What he said... lol