• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 Waistband Question

tda003

I'm trying to determine what the specs for the waistband were for the various G-1 jackets were over time.

I had originally thought that the bi-weave knit was per spec until around the middle of the MIL-J-7823D series. However, I have seen the current single weave on much earlier series as early as those from the early 50's. It's possible I guess that those may be more recent replacements, of course. Is there a way to get the specs on the various changes from somewhere?

Chandler

If I dug around old posts I could probably find more solid info for you on this, but I know that when I had Flight Suits/Gibson & Barnes replace the knits on my early '50s G-1 I asked them to use the knits they used on their repro M-422a -- bi-weave waist and thick cuffs -- because that's what was original on my jacket.