• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 Flight Jacket

alcai1030

Hello,

I recently purchased a jacket from a flea market near me and I was wondering if anyone in this thread could give me information on it. The tag states that it is a 55J14 G-1 flight jacket but I cannot find anything about the contractor, Oxford Leather Shop Inc. This is making me wonder if it is even real or not.

Attachments

• 20231203_122024.jpg
    20231203_122024.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 99
  • 20231203_132143.jpg
    20231203_132143.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 106
  • 20231203_121354.jpg
    20231203_121354.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103

ZuZu

Hello,

I recently purchased a jacket from a flea market near me and I was wondering if anyone in this thread could give me information on it. The tag states that it is a 55J14 G-1 flight jacket but I cannot find anything about the contractor, Oxford Leather Shop Inc. This is making me wonder if it is even real or not.
It's a commercial copy of a G-1 jacket. It's not a "real" G-1 but it looks to be a quality jacket in general. Now that you have the starter it's time to dive in and buy a "'real"' jacket and then another... and another...

alcai1030

Thanks for your answer! I purchased it for $160. Do you think that was a good price for it even though it's a commercial copy? How much would new ones run?

dbtk44

$160 for a NICE, quality leather jacket is a good deal...and That is a nice jacket! I have a San Diego Leather Factory G-1 that came into my possession a number of years back, and when I looked up the prices for new ones (and this one was practically new) they were going for $325-350 range, if I'm remembering correctly.
That is an excellent find..enjoy it!

Thomas Koehle

Nice jacket reasonably priced …

It is pretty near to the originals and most people would ever notice anyway.

“Real” G1 are still out there even for a reasonable price so if you are interested in a “real” G1 check on the known platforms like EBAY and you will find one

If you’re satisfied with what you got it is a nice jacket anyway

B-Man2

Nice jacket but I’d suggest that for your next jacket stick around here and learn more about what’s out there in issued USN originals. Some models can be had for just a few dollars more, and they will hold their value in years to come.

jwamznalx

what kind of leather of this jacket? Cowhide or goatskin? Does anyone know Why this commercial modern versions of jacket looks so bright shinning and waxy and oil?

Chandler

Sorry to be a nay-sayer, but I don't like those pocket flaps (or the faux blood chit sewn inside -- the stars in the blue field are upside down, fer cry).

Just me.