• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

funny stuff

Roughwear

Wow! What a fool! It is not often you see entirely the wrong jacket being described. You could report him to Ebay and they should pull the listing. You will need to cite the item number of your own listing. A guy did this to me earlier in the year. He sole the whole listing for an Irvin complete with my pics. The jacket had been sold to someone else and the whole thing was a scam. Ebay removed the listing.

Hamsterbear

On Sep-05-08 at 15:40:22 PDT, seller added the following information:

The label on the Jacket was put by request at the factory, it is an original WW2 Label but the Jacket is a Monarch. Made by Lost Worlds. I am putting this info because of the numerous E mails that I have been getting regarding the label on the Jacket.

So,.. is this a Lost Worlds jacket? or RMNZ? Or just the original WWII label made by Lost Worlds?
It's so confusing, whom ever buys this will quickly find out....hope they know what they're getting.

Roughwear said:
Wow! What a fool! It is not often you see entirely the wrong jacket being described. You could report him to Ebay and they should pull the listing. You will need to cite the item number of your own listing. A guy did this to me earlier in the year. He sole the whole listing for an Irvin complete with my pics. The jacket had been sold to someone else and the whole thing was a scam. Ebay removed the listing.

Yes, you are correct--it should be listed as a DUBOW...

SuinBruin

I just saw that revision. Weird. And while my knowledge on the subject is pretty limited, it looks to me based on the collar shape that the jacket is clearly a Dubow pattern and not a Monarch. Caveat emptor....

Sid Vintage

Annoying.... I like your avitar thingy whatever you call it. So you a fellow steelhead fan? I'm a total junkie. :twisted:

SuinBruin

Oh yeah, I love flyfishing for steelhead, on the swing if possible. I'm going to try to make it up to the N. Umpqua next month for a few days for summer runs.

The fish in my avatar was taken on Christmas Eve on the San Lorenzo River... she very subtly sucked in a purple egg-sucking leech swung on a clear intermediate sink tip. The line barely tightened up a bit and I struck, expecting a snag. Instead I got her... absolutely pure chrome bright, just a few miles upstream from the river's mouth. She was absolutely perfect and untarnished (the marks on her side in the pic are mud from landing her), probably 10-12 pounds, and she swam away strongly when I released her.

As you can probably tell, I could go on and on and on about steelhead... we should start a fishing thread in the LBTI forum....

Sid Vintage

SuinBruin said:
Oh yeah, I love flyfishing for steelhead, on the swing if possible. I'm going to try to make it up to the N. Umpqua next month for a few days for summer runs.

As you can probably tell, I could go on and on and on about steelhead... we should start a fishing thread in the LBTI forum....

As of now this thread is officially hijacked. :lol:

Centrepins and floats all the way out these parts (Great Lakes). Not as pretty as the Pacific but numbers can be insane. Dusting off the gear right now with the first fresh chinook salmon moving into the rivermouths. Then it's steelhead non stop October - May. :!:

greyhound52

Man I am totally confused on this jacket. Clearly the label is not a lost worlds could be original but then John's GW Dubow labels are pretty good. Looks like a Dubow pattern to me and not a Monarch pattern. Also look at the rank. Most of the rank from WW2 was brown ( I know I have one on one of my original jackets and have seen several examples). I think black was used after the war during the Korean war period. For those of you that know is the rank placed wrong? My B-15C has it different. Just wondering.

better duck

greyhound52 said:
Also look at the rank. For those of you that know is the rank placed wrong?
Yes, I'm interested in this too: I'd say the majors oak(?) leaves should be turned 180 degrees.

greyhound52

better duck said:
greyhound52 said:
Also look at the rank. For those of you that know is the rank placed wrong?
Yes, I'm interested in this too: I'd say the majors oak(?) leaves should be turned 180 degrees.

That is what I thought and it is LTCol (silver least looks silver) major is gold.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Hamsterbear said:
So,.. is this a Lost Worlds jacket? or RMNZ? Or just the original WWII label made by Lost Worlds?
It's so confusing, whom ever buys this will quickly find out....hope they know what they're getting.

And it didn't hurt the bidding ......

Winning bid: US $741.00