• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Funny little thing on label of ELC RW B15

better duck

He guys,
I was perusing ELC's site, to help me make up my mind about one of lifes questions: will I get me a B10 or a B15 at Flying Legends on July 11?
Then I noticed this: on the side by side comparison of theirs and the original RW label, there is a small difference:
http://www.eastmanleather.com/images/B-15ELCRWmont.jpg

Do you notice the line with the "Stockno. 8300 470740 on the ELC and (....) 470730 on the original. Everything else on the label is copied as exact as possible.

Any ideas as to the why of this?

CHECK6

Hi PETER,
Maybe is it the way to protect the collectors from bad sellers who could sale these jackets in a few years, well worn as originals
FAB

Swing

Individual sizes were assigned an individual stock numbers. The ELC and the vintage jacket aren't the same size, so different stock numbers.

ELC screwed that up on the first run of B-10s 10 years ago and put the same stock number on all sizes.

~Swing