• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fraud Alert! Need help!

Stony

Stony..

Trying something..Appealing to the seller's fraudulent nature. Bait is set..will see what pans out..

Couchy

Sounds intriguing Couchy. I hope the rat bites the cheese.

Stony

What are you up to Couchy ? An A-2 bated ambush by the Australian Army ?

:lol:

Peter, there is always a need for a sense of humor even in the darkest of times.

Stony

I got a surprise :eek: phone call this morning from the London Metropolitan Police Dept. about this fraud. I was totally surprised as I expected little, if any, follow up to my emails. Earlier in the week I sent the information to the London police and now the phone call from London. More than I expected for sure.

Peter Graham

Stony said:
I got a surprise :eek: phone call this morning from the London Metropolitan Police Dept. about this fraud. I was totally surprised as I expected little, if any, follow up to my emails. Earlier in the week I sent the information to the London police and now the phone call from London. More than I expected for sure.
So what did they say ?

Stony

So what did they say ?

The officer just took down all the pertinent information. Name of perp, etc. and what happened. He is going to turn that info over to the proper department and he said they should be contacting me within a few days. Like I said, I never expected them to go this far with the investigation.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted.

Stony

Recieved a letter today from the London Metro Police saying that my case has an officer assigned to investigate. Again, more than I expected, but at least at this point they're doing something. Also recieved a letter from the bank where the fraud account is and they are being very friendly and appoligetic, but aren't going to do anything unless the police contact them.

Maybe both letters are just lip service, but I'll take that over silence at this point.