• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foster 55j14

1911A1US

Have a Foster 55j14,shoulders fit perfect,but has that athletic fit around the waist,is that the norm with these?Thanks

Jaydee

I don't know about the fit of this contract, but in the past I have had waists that were very tight due to the original knits being mint and unstretched. Could this be the case? (Hopefully!)

blethook

I have one from 1952 and it also has a very trim fit around the waist & general torso area. My understanding is that they're designed that way unlike the A-2s which are more forgiving (depending on the contracts, etc.)

1911A1US said:
Have a Foster 55j14,shoulders fit perfect,but has that athletic fit around the waist,is that the norm with these?Thanks

Curahee

1911A1US said:

Ah....no the jacket fits fine it's your waist that's not to the norm...suck it in :cool: oh and I do have a 1955 L.W. Foster G-1 that has the same shape > broad shoulders, long arms, normal body length but thight waist.