• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR IRVIN FANS

Andrew

Looks like a good one. Not sure about reading the date into the label but it's probably right.

Roughwear

Leadsky said:
Looks like a good one. Not sure about reading the date into the label but it's probably right.

I have seen plenty of Irvin labels with the date forming part of the contract number and sometimes the same date is printed elsewhere on the label. This is almost certainly from 1940. The zips may have been hanging around for some years before being used as single trunnion Dots were more often used in the early/mid 30s. As to maker I am not sure. There appears to be wear to the cuffs, but it is in great original condition. It will be interesting to see what she sells for in this time of economic slow-down.

Andrew

All you need to do is add BoB to the description and it will get a premium even though it may have been made after the summer of 1940. At least a genuine pre or early War Irvin may have been used in the BoF but they don't often sell for that much. It's the magic 1940 number that seems to attract attention. I sold a 1940 dated Type B helmet recently and had a similar response.