• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flying Legends in July

johnwayne

Maybe not the right section but for those of us here in the UK I understand no less than Bud Anderson is due to appear at this years airshow!

Cheers
Wayne

A

Anonymous

Bud, was at the Chino California air show a couple of weeks ago. 12 P-51's up a one time, rather impressive.

Roughwear

chitchat said:
Bud, was at the Chino California air show a couple of weeks ago. 12 P-51's up a one time, rather impressive.

Now that is impressive. We sometimes have ten Spitfires flying together at Duxford and a couple of P-51s at most.

johnwayne

I did promise I was going to the last Duxford show a few weeks back but couldn't get there so July is definitely on - a little warm normally for the A2's though!! Maybe see some of you there?
In the meantime the pennies are being counted for an A1 from ELC!!

Cheers
Wayne

Silver Dollar

Roughwear said:
chitchat said:

Now that is impressive. We sometimes have ten Spitfires flying together at Duxford and a couple of P-51s at most.

Ten Spits in formation. Now that's something I'd love to see. I usually study only American planes but how can you ignore the lines of a Spitfire. What a gorgeous plane.

better duck

Count me out this year, alas. The summer holidays start here on July 10, and I have my girls the first three weeks. We'll go camping in Bretagne, so Duxford is a bit out of the way. Next year again, I hope!