• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight Suits (G&B) Historic A-2 Goatskin

alcon

Flight Suits, now Gibson and Barnes, make some beautiful goatskin A-2s. I got three questions for the "FS and GB experts" out there:

1. Were all the FS goatskin A-2s, other than the civilian model with hand warmer pockets, part of Flight Suits' "Historic" A-2 Line?"

2. Were all FS Historic goatskin A-2s made in russet?

3. Approximately when was Flight Suits labels replaced with Gibson & Barnes labels?

Still waiting for a reply from GB.

RCSignals

alcon said:
2. Were all FS Historic goatskin A-2s made in russet?

I have one in the historic cut that is black with black knits and lining. They don't seem to make that version anymore.

Jaguar46

RCSignals said:
I have one in the historic cut that is black with black knits and lining. They don't seem to make that version anymore.

Maybe not as a regular model. But G & B is very accomodating and I bet they would make one if custom ordered. For $.

alcon

Yes, Flight Suits has/had the ability to make just about any type of A-2 you would like. My questions refer to only their standard offerings. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

RCSignals

No doubt they would make one as a custom. Their customs usually from what I've seen, have an additional label indicating it is a custom job. The one I have has no such label, and apparently, although the information could be wrong, they did offer the jacket in black, in a regular historic A-2 pattern as a standard offering. I don't know when they stopped but mine has G&B label.