• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight suit dating

Clark J

Any idea on the year?
002-3.jpg

001-2.jpg

watchmanjimg

I believe this nylon suit was among the earliest flying garments produced for the USAF in the late 1940s as the organization became a separate entity, along with the L-2, B-15C (rare early OD variant), N-2, and N-3 flight jackets. The OD garments were soon replaced by equivalent blue versions in the early 1950s, with corresponding nomenclature to reflect the change (K-2A, L-2A, N-2A, N-3A, etc.).

watchmanjimg

Clark J said:
It has 9 Crown zippers.

OK, rub it in if you must. :D

I neglected to mention that it's a kickass item you've got there. One of these days I'll have to post pics of my mint K-2A. It has bright brass Conmars with WW2-style puller on the main.

Clark J

Maybe some day I find someone who wants to buy all my GREAT stuff!!!What the hell maybe I'll just box it all up and send it to the goodwill!

fishmeok

You feeling Ok Clark? You've been acting a little...erratic lately. Must have something to do with that new A-2.
Cheers
Mark