• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight gear mentioned in Gates diary

Stony

I recently posted a story under the heading of "Score" last week about a diary of a guy that flew 35 missions in the 91st BG. I thought this entry would be interesting as it mentions some of the flight gear.

I grabbed both flashlights & my gloves which I had in my lap. Pretty lucky because when we got out to the ship the next morn it had been pretty well cleaned. My B-10 jacket & Kivi’s had been taken, as had my officer’s cap. Deguardo & Kivi’s gloves, Deguardo’s escape kit, my canteen and a couple of flashlights.

I'll post more entries from the diary if they mention anymore flight gear.

Andrew

Some bastard's cleaned them out. He sounds pretty relaxed about it but wouldn't it piss you off? Makes you think about how much stuff went missing by lightfingered types working for the same Government, and he was risking his life to do his job.

Weasel_Loader

Same thing used to happen to us when gore-tex jackets were first issued to us. Not everyone got issued them and they could be hard to come by. If you left it sitting around, they seemed to walk away. Never had mine lifted, but knew some friends that had theirs taken.