• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First A-2 in a while.

fishmeok

I don't make many A-2's these days, but still get requests now and then. As usual I'm shooting for a Doniger. I dyed the hide russet with a sheepskin.

Cheers
Mark

023.jpg

028.jpg

016-001.jpg

011-001.jpg

007.jpg

030-001.jpg

A

Anonymous

What size, and how much? beautiful work. To bad everyone making caps, jackets, and patches on this sight don't live in the same town. Could start Vintage Leather Jackets as a production.

fishmeok

Hello

This was a commission- it's 1.5" longer than a 46 should be. Last of my horsehide too,it's all goat for me for quite a while.

Cheers
Mark

ausreenactor

Andrew said:
Bloody fantastic work Mark. That stitching is amazing.

As a hand stitcher, with a tongue out and the furrowed brow, I am in full agreeance
with Andrew on this one. Very impressive work. You must be in line for Honourary
Mrs Badge by now? ;) Seriously, great jacket mate! Send me a total for your/our
Aussie BD jacket!!

Couchy

fishmeok

Thanks guys- It's been a while, I forgot how fun A-2's are.

Do we have a "jacket stitch" merit badge? If not I think the VLJ needs one... I can start one of those Boy Scout sashes and sew them on...

Possible merit badges:

Stitch counter (level 1, 2, and 3)
Sleeve Tunneler (no levels, it's a very basic badge)
Hot Water Technique (again, basic)
Balls Out (for those of us who throw the jackets in the washing machine- WAY above hot water technique)
Jacket Modeling (Shirt tucked in, smiling, remembering to wear trousers)
Depot Re-Dye (for when all else fails)

Cheers
Mark

johnwayne

Gotta say Mark I'm loving my A1 from you so I'm sure the buyer of this will be one happy chappy.
I know I promised you some pics but as I always bemoan the fact, I haven't gotten the knock of getting pics here - if you wish to PM your regular email I'll send you some pics.
cheers
Wayne