• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got my first original!!!

An exciting day today, got a parcel in the post containing my first original A2. You may know the jacket, its An Aero W535-ac-21996 size 44 I purchased from a VLJ member. Love it! Loads of character and patina and ive always had a thing for an Aero with red knits. Camera is crappy( iphone) and light is bad here in my little Dungeon they call a Uni Dorm but here's a pic of the new woman in my life!! :D :D :D

IMG_0873.jpg

Persimmon

oldskoolonly said:
An exciting day today, got a parcel in the post containing my first original A2. You may know the jacket, its An Aero W535-ac-21996 size 44 I purchased from a VLJ member. Love it! Loads of character and patina and ive always had a thing for an Aero with red knits. Camera is crappy( iphone) and light is bad here in my little Dungeon they call a Uni Dorm but here's a pic of the new woman in my life!! :D :D :D

IMG_0873.jpg

I am so pleased for you.
Reminds me of two that I have recently sold- why I let them go sometimes I wonder !!
I just love that Aero look with the red knits

Enjoy enjoy enjoy

Andrew

Persimmon said:
Reminds me of two that I have recently sold- why I let them go sometimes I wonder !!

Me too, unlike OSO who now has a jacket I have no idea where that money's gone :lol:

Glad you're happy Paul. Shots being worn pls when you get a chance. Good luck with the course too.

Jason

Congratulations Paul, looks fantastic! The red knits do set it off, wear it proudly!

Congratulations on your first original! I still don't have one! At my size I would need a 48 or 50 (WWII size). It is so rare to find a good one at that size and when I do it cost a fortune!

dmar836

Atkins, be careful. In 20 years, Ebay will be full of Aero A-2s that are "obviously" from an ace because of red knits. Funny how collector tales can grow faster than the spread of reality.

Dr H

sealbeachbum said:
Congratulations on your first original! I still don't have one! At my size I would need a 48 or 50 (WWII size). It is so rare to find a good one at that size and when I do it cost a fortune!

Bill, did you see Andrew's original RW? Isn't that one in your size?

Dr H said:
sealbeachbum said:

Bill, did you see Andrew's original RW? Isn't that one in your size?
Yes I did, but I just bought another Harley Davidson so I'm a little strapped for cash. Hey, you can never have too many motorcycles! :D