• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally found a Vintage Navy Jacket that works for me.

Andrew

Full brain melting middle of summer tropical weather here at the moment and I had almost completely switched my VLJ and associated interests to all things Surf associated- until last week when I bought the Gordon & Ferguson Civilian AN-J-3A John had on his website. It arrived today and in the 5 mins I had to try it on before I nearly passed out from heat stroke it felt just right. Thanks John and Vickie, my hunt for a WWII era Navy jacket is over and i'm looking forward to using it in about 3 months time.

9d30798d-fc24-4c40-b64d-0521bae13222_zps44719327.jpg

Skip

Got yourself a winner there Andrew, really looks like to was made for you. is that a trick of the camera or are those knits a bit more berry than brown?

Lets hope for us Aussies, it gets a more cooler rather than what seems to be the norm these days, at least that way we can get some wear into those brown beauties! :D

Silver Surfer

nice one, real nice. all things surf related? hot down there? jeezelouise, we have it the up side down issues. going back down to the teens, or less, 6"+ of snow expected, and the surf is going to be out of control. however, when this system blows through, the ocean will calm down a bit, and its off to montauk for an ice enema surf. 5-6 mil full suits, 6-7 mill boots and gloves. problem is, at 65 it is hard to stay warm for more then 1 1/2-2 hours, in mid low 40s water, and below freezing air temps. enjoy that jac, it looks spot on.

CBI

Yes, a real nice one congrats. i almost pulled the trigger on this one. Enjoy!!!!

chamboid

Very nice. Never seen these before until a few weeks ago when try started popping up. Is does seem to fit perfectly and is in great condition.

I always wonder about the link between G&F and L.W Foster. Similar pocket design, and stitched pen slot, this is the only cross over of contacts I am aware of, both companies making AN-J-3a jackets. Do all the G&F AN-J-3a have the stitched pen slot?

Berry knits are interesting as well. My H.L Block An-6552 has the same colour. It's a likely colour, hope some one (BK...Hint) reproduces them.

Congrats on finding the jacket you've always wanted. How long till you can wear it without passing out from heatstroke?

Andrew

Thanks Guys, it really is such a good fit and after a lot of failures i'm really happy to have found something as good as it is. It's actually tagged 44 on the cutters tag in the pocket, so I must be shrinking afterall.
Pete, not sick or anything that I know of yet, just keeping more active and everything else in the Sea. I guess I can say that as a Crewie in a boat i'm totally eligible to wear a Navy jacket!
photo_zps6414cbf8.jpg
That was a busy day, pulled in 13.

Vic, kudos to you Mate. You obviously love surfing to have to endure that for your craft. I'm spoilt for options here, my only problem is i'm in between boards at the moment so I have to make do with my racing Mal or pinching a friends board. Take a look at this event, it's here and starts next week. Maybe you should sell a jacket or two and make it over for next year. Last year the beach had washed away but it's perfect now.
http://www.noosafestivalofsurfing.com/