• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Time worn vs. 50. cal vs. Pearl Harbour: Whats the diff?

Hawkeye

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Eastman "time worn", "50. cal" and "Pearl Harbour" A-2s are? Are there actual differences or is it just the same ageing process with different names?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Just looking at the site now, it does appear that anything aged is described as 'time worn', and the '50.cal' term has been dropped.

Pearl Harbour A-2's are still the time worn, steer, house pattern .... and it looks like the new, hand burnishing, ageing process has replaced the original, papered high points method.

A

Anonymous

50 Cal is a jacket in steer that looks to me based on a an AERO. I guess they called the old process of "time worn" , 50 cal??? http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/eastman ... 609786.stm

Time worn is an option you can order on HH or Steer jackets. It looks to me, like lightly sand papering the leather for a worn in effect. The "hand burnishing" appears to simply be the high points abraded with fine sand paper leaving a suede area. IMHO

Hope that helps.

Falcon_52

Hawkeye -

The Pearl Harbour (Harbor for us Americans :) ) A-2 has a collar stand whereas Eastman's other "house" patterns have the simple collar attachment. I'm not sure if the artificial ageing is any different though.

Noel