• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Rough Wear Sizing ?

442RCT

Does anyone have any experience with ELC Rough Wear sizing ? Do these run larger than stated size, i.e. is a sz 38 'roomy' compared to other ELC contracts or are they true to size ? From looking at the measurements, this jacket should fit me. I don't want to end up with a jacket that'll end up too constrictive.

A Sefton sz 40 measurements are:
Pit to pit = 21.5"
Shoulder to shoulder= 18"
Collar to waistband= 23"

The ELC Roughwear sz 38 measurements:
Pit to pit = 22"
Shoulder to shouder = 17.5"
Collar to waistband = 24"

johnwayne

I've a 1401 in 42" which is about 5 years old now and is pretty much identical to a house ELC from many years earlier - I would describe it a a modern 42" ie roomier than say a Goodwear I've got thats a 44" and closer to an original fit. Both my ELC's are, in my view, too wide at the shoulders so that the seams drop down the arm - it doesn't bother me but I have to say I prefer the look when the shoulder seams do sit correctly. John Chapman reckoned the epualet measurements of my ELCs was equivalent to an original 48" jacket!!!
I stand to be corrected but ELC, unless they've changed thier sizing, do tend to be a modern cut - best send Gary the sizes from whichever jacket you feel most comfortable with, maybe send him some pics too.

Cheers
Wayne

442RCT

Thanks, I think you answered my question. I'm short and wide at the shoulders so being roomy at the top is what I'm looking for. ;) I was just wondering if the cut and fit of one of ELCs contracts varied much from each other, i.e. - is a sz 40 ELC Star cut larger from an ELC Rough Wear, etc.

442RCT

Based on the stated measurements in the listing, I took a shot and bid on a sz 38 Eastman Rough Wear jacket. I have been wearing a size 40 or 42 depending on the manufacturer, Cooper= 42, Eastman House=40, RMJ=42, Sefton=40.
The jacket arrived today and I was relieved that it fit perfectly, pretty much like the Seftons I have.
So based on wearing these jackets, an ELC Rough Wear size 38 is equivalent to an ELC Star in sz 40.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

ubiubi

[QUOTE = "johnwayne, post: 63255, membro: 759"]
Ho un 1401 su 42 "che ora ha circa 5 anni ed è praticamente identico a un ELC di casa di molti anni prima - lo descriverei come un moderno 42", cioè più spazioso di dire un Goodwear, ho un 44 "e più vicino a una vestibilità originale. Entrambi i miei ELC sono, a mio avviso, troppo larghi sulle spalle in modo che le cuciture cadano lungo il braccio - non mi dà fastidio ma devo dire che preferisco l'aspetto quando le cuciture delle spalle siediti correttamente. John Chapman ha ritenuto che le misure epualet dei miei ELC fossero equivalenti a una giacca originale di 48 "!!!
Devo essere corretto ma l'ELC, a meno che non abbiano cambiato taglia, tende ad essere un taglio moderno - meglio inviare a Gary le taglie dalla giacca con cui ti senti più a tuo agio, magari mandargli anche qualche foto.

Saluti
Wayne
[/CITAZIONE]

ubiubi

ciao quindi sono alto 168 cm e peso 70 kg circonferenza toracica totale 92,5 a che taglia mi devo riferire grazie

s4rmark

Hi, I have an ELC Roughwear 27752 in a size 38, the measurements are
Pit 21inches
Front length 23 inches
Arm length , including cuff 24 inches
Shoulder to shoulder 17.5 inches
Back length 24 inches.
Hope this helps.
These jackets are trim fitting and IMO not roomy.

Last edited: