• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Pearl Harbor A2 - in Walnut

Marv

I am contemplating purchasing an ELC Pearl Harbor A2 in Walnut (size 46) and was wondering is anybody who has one could post pics and also a quick review covering - the fit eg. tight or roomy, the time worn process, is it any good as I have seen an ELC .50 cal A2 in the flesh and the process looked pretty good so I take it is the same process that they are now offering on all their A2's, the crown zipper - is it better than the talon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

rich

Marv, have a look here, might be useful.....?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2684

The fit is close and the finish looks good IMO. Mine's a 44", here are the dims

a2dimensions.jpg

nogbat

ive got a 50. cal in time worn and its a 46 .. ime quite bulky really at 5 feet 10 and a 44 to 46 chest size in clothing , but the elc 50 cal fits like a glove and the time worn process is good,, not as good as my gw star sportswear but its worth a look ... good luck with your choice ... andy,,

Marv

thanks for the responses guys, the pics really helped me out - I currently have an ELC Star and an ELC G1 plus a couple of ELC A2 house models in goat but nothing in time worn.
I really like the .50 Cal A2 apart from the berry knits which I have on an old Aero A2 so not so keen on that, if I could get it with the standard mid-brown knits it would be ideal.
Also like the PH hence the questions so keep em coming guys - more pics if poss fantastic.

shiloh

Marv said:
I am contemplating purchasing an ELC Pearl Harbor A2 in Walnut (size 46) and was wondering is anybody who has one could post pics and also a quick review covering - the fit eg. tight or roomy, the time worn process, is it any good as I have seen an ELC .50 cal A2 in the flesh and the process looked pretty good so I take it is the same process that they are now offering on all their A2's, the crown zipper - is it better than the talon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

I own an ELC PH Havanna. I like it but you better buy a jacket, any good repro A-2 jacket and wear it as often as you can and in all weather circumstances (as they did during the wartime) Casual wear will surely bring more character into your jacket than any Tim Worn method ever can or will do. The fit of my PH is spot on. Good military trim fit without being too tight. I wear a size 40 and it's an exact size 40. I can wear a shirt underneath it. I didn't had to go one size up as I eventually had to do with the ELC Werber. My PH has a Crown zipper. Surely as good as the Talon in my ELC RW. I shall post some pics of the ELC PH later on this week.

Regards,

Shiloh

Marv

thanks Shiloh, look forward to seeing the pics, as I already have quite a few A2s in both HH and GH but none in time worn and have always fancied a PH in walnut in Steer hence all the questions.
I was at Duxford in Sept this year and paid a visit to the ELC stand with all the intentions of looking at the time worn jackets and trying on a PH A2 but instead got side tracked chatting about my ELC G1 which I was wearing at the time, and tried on the .50 Cal A2 which was a nice jacket and fit but I am not a fan of the berry knits so didn't purchase one, could have kicked myself really considering as all my questions could have been answered there and then but you know how it goes. :D

So any pics would be great and a real help.....

Cliff

Here is my ELC Pearl Harbour in Havana. These were taken a few days after I had bought it about 4 years ago. Hope tghese help.

PHHavana46n.jpg

PHHavana46s.jpg

PHHavana46t.jpg

PHHavana46r.jpg

PHHavanaA.jpg

Marv

Very nice Cliff, thanks for the pics.....how would you say the fit is, true to size, slim or roomy.
My size is a 46 and I like a roomy fit so do you think I should go up a size or not, oh yeah how do you find the collar stand as my ELC Star doesn't have one.

Once again thanks Cliff for the pics, I love the grain on the steer it looks fantastic.... :)

Cliff

I take a size 46 in all ELC products and this A2 fits me perfectly. I wouldn't say its a slim fitting jacket as I need a little more room around the tummy than your average 1942 20 year old airman and this allows for my 2009 55 year old shape perfectly. I used to have an ELC Star and I would say your Star has a slimmer cut than the PH . When new, the collar stand was a bit of a problem. As you see in the last picture I wore the collar up when I first got the jacket as when the collar was flat it annoyed me rubbing on my chin when turning my head to the left (Turning my head to the right was fine). However with a little warm water I "trained" the collar to lay a little flatter and this stopped the problem. Now 4 years on the whole jacket has relaxed and looks better for the time wearing it in all weathers and in all envronments.

Cheers

Cliff

Marv

thanks a lot Cliff, your pics and info have been a fantastic help.....looks like I'll be purchashing an early christmas present for myself then. :D

shiloh

Marv said:
thanks Shiloh, look forward to seeing the pics, as I already have quite a few A2s in both HH and GH but none in time worn and have always fancied a PH in walnut in Steer hence all the questions.
I was at Duxford in Sept this year and paid a visit to the ELC stand with all the intentions of looking at the time worn jackets and trying on a PH A2 but instead got side tracked chatting about my ELC G1 which I was wearing at the time, and tried on the .50 Cal A2 which was a nice jacket and fit but I am not a fan of the berry knits so didn't purchase one, could have kicked myself really considering as all my questions could have been answered there and then but you know how it goes. :D

So any pics would be great and a real help.....

Hello Marv,

Here the pics I promised. I wore the jacket a few times. In my case it's a good slim fit. My ELC RW 1401 is a bit roomier. I can wear an ELC RAF sweater underneath the RW 1401. This ELC PH is just good to wear a US army/usaaf wool shirt underneath. The stand-up collar appears to be a bit stiff. but I am sure regular wear will make it softer. The first 2 pics are a bit too dark due to the dark weather today in Holland.

IMG_1839-1.jpg

IMG_1838-1.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

[imghttp://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/shiloh_020/IMG_1835.jpg][/img]
IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

Hope these will help you to make up your mind about your next Christmas present.

Regards,

Shiloh

Marv

thanks Shiloh, yes your pics have been a great help also so once again thanks to all who have imputed it has been much appreciated. :)

Marv

Well I went ahead and purchased a PH A2 in walnut and it arrived in just under a week (last Monday) from ELC.
The jacket has already started to break in nicely and show the grain and creasing wonderfully, also is a great fit.
I will try and post some pics over the weekend if I get the time so you all can see what I mean, all in all I am really pleased with the jacket and it will definately give my ELC Star a run for it's money.

Anyway, watch this space for the pics, and thanks again to the chaps (you know who you are) who helped my decide on the jacket. :)