• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC House A-2

arclight

So, what is the definition of Eastman's house A-2...........is it an A-2 w/o a name (Star, Pearl Harbor, etc....)?

Thanks!

Persimmon

The Star is a contract.
Look at their web site
Sections two and three for the difference re House and Contract in A2's.

rich

If I remember, ELC only used to make their own version of the A2, and the only choice you had was whether it was Russet or Seal brown. It's meant to be a generic looking A2, and the early ones were more generously cut than they are today. The copies of specific contracts came later, I think the first one they did was Roughwear. Here's an old house I have, used to wear it a lot.

elca-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

That looks nice Rich. Who says Eastman have only just gor their hides right ? Looking at that one it is more a case of people not wearing their jackets enough to give them an'authentic' look . The difference these days with Eastman and Good Wear is more that you are paying for someone to make a jacket that looks like you've given it a lot of wear.

The cut is a little more blousy but that would suit a number of people better.

Dave

hellcat59

Hello I'm new on this forum. I am posting here because of the topic's title. Last year, in june, for my fiftieth birthday I bought an "ELC house" A-2 seal brown goatskin. I prefer goatskin grain.
I do not hesitate to wear it whenever I can.
Sorry, you will not have color picture, I only use black and white. This particular photo was taken in Brittany (France) during holydays in february.
Thank you to everyone for the information that I found on this forum.

Tim P

welcome aboard, you look like the middle sibling between john lever and better duck ;)

when ELC was all there was the house brand did me just dandy and I was happy. they were comfortable and grainy. Seftons came on the scene and I had to have one. £178.... supple and grainy but the seam on the cuff started me off on a journey of grail chasing that I have yet to reconcile.

we are spoilt for choice these days.

unclegrumpy

I had a couple of Eastman's that I bought in the late 1980's....and another in the early 1990's. All were steer hide and none of them ever showed much wear. One I had for fifteen years or so, and wore it a lot...it never got much of a look to it. It did manage shrink in my closet somehow though! :D

Weasel_Loader

unclegrumpy said:
One I had for fifteen years or so, and wore it a lot...it never got much of a look to it. It did manage shrink in my closet somehow though! :D

Don't you hate it when jackets do that? My wife tells me her opinion on the fact, but I don't believe it. :lol:

unclegrumpy

What burns me is they (wives) have no problem making comments on how bad/stupid/dorky/out of style you look, but if you even think of going there with them....oh my!

Hey, I don't think I look too bad....I just pretty much look like the rest of you! :eek: