• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Hartmann in the Tropics..

ausreenactor

Gents....

Some of you may know of my jacket wearing habits. I don't wear them. :( Mostly due to the fact the temperature and humidity prevent it as an option for 40 weeks of the year. They are pretty much hanger Queens, and have been so for years. But today I amazed myself! :p I busted out the ELC Hartmann in the black capeskin and pretty damn chuffed to be honest. Did not even break a sweat which reinforced my decision. Might make a habit of it...Did catch the smell a few times while waiting in the queue at the movies. And they are a pretty snazzy 'civvie' looking item. I think the schwimmweste was overkill though?

Couchy

Andrew

Trev, It was pretty cool today here 1357.3km south of you too so I've been enjoying my fourth season in my old GW Dubow.

I think the vest is ok so long as you don't wear the visor cap. ;)

Andrew

Sitting behind the stick of a Tiger (the kind with the rotors as opposed to tracks) would be nice.

ausreenactor

Andrew said:
The closest thing with tracks used to be APC's but I think they ditched them.

Andrew..

The APCs got a stretch, another road wheel and are still doing the job. Some ARNs have been doing it non
stop since the 70s! And the Tiger thing might never be an option. Third grounding of the ARH fleet for fumes.
This time the fumes were on top of the flames...both sides of the cockpit jettisoned and emergency landing.

And of course the CH-47 spudded in over the weekend. Great weekend. Defence cut backs. Not enough
training...before the big shows!! Freezing...wish I still had the ELC RAF shearling...

Couchy

jollygreenslugg

Down here in southern New South Wales, it's leather jacket-weather for about 40 weeks a year. Mind you, a few decent jackets to wear would be nice! I'm excitedly awaiting my new Bill Kelso jacket which should be here in the next few weeks. It'll beat the hell out of my poor old 'Flak Bait' Cooper!

Cheers,
Matt

Andrew

Matt, when I went looking for one good jacket 7 years ago after owning a GB historical the best advice I got here was to buy the best you can afford so it was an RMNZ which I still have and can't bring myself to sell as its such a beautiful thing. Have the BK for a year whilst planning for next year to get a GW and you won't look back. If you order it now you'll have it for our next season too. Living where you do you'll get plenty of wear to justify the cost!

jollygreenslugg

G'day Andrew,

Thanks for the advice. I do appreciate words of wisdom from the experienced collectors. Of course, my collecting habits have never allowed for just one of anything. A few years ago, I wanted a nice example of a WW2-manufactured Lithgow Lee-Enfield SMLE. I got one. And fifteen other rifles showing the progression of the type from the Lee-Metford of 1889 to the No4 Mk2 of the 1950s. I can see a similar situation with leather jackets!

Pics of my (first) quality A-2 to follow...

Cheers,
Matt