• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC B-6.

Monsoon

I checked thru some past threads on the ELC B-6 and wondering about the fit, etc, of the current, standard version.

Anyone have one? Do you recommend it?

I'm putting my pennies away for a future purchase.

Thanks!

B-Man2

I think it's a great jacket.
I have an ELC B-6, size 46, that fits well and looks fine. It's the Rough Wear 17756. I think it's a nice choice between the B-3 or the Irvin in so much as it's very warm but without the bulk and weight of the other jackets. I prefer to take the B-6 with me when I travel particularly if I'm flying some place. It's much easier to carry around.

Monsoon

The size and bulk of the B-3 is keeping me away, tho I've always thought that jacket was the heat.

I'm thinking about the B-6 for the same reasons you have one; warm without being too bulky.

I read on HPA that you should go up a size (I'm a 44). Did you find you had to?

B-Man2

I'm 6' 2", 220lbs and I normally take a size 46. This jacket fits like a war time jacket, it's not baggy or loose but snug. Particularly when I close the zippers around my waist. I'm not sure that a 46 will be to your liking if your a normal size 44.

Monsoon

I'd read on the HPA website that they can be snug and if you're wanting a jacket to layer stuff under, you're gonna have to upsize at least one size.

ScottoLaw

I've had the HPA B6 redskin for a few years. It's a boxy type fit IMO, but looks sharp. I sized up one to accomodate a little layering and I am fine with the fit. I could have gone with my regular size but I think it would have been snug. Charles stated most people tend to size up one in his experience.

Good luck,
Scott