• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC B-2 flying cap

Hawkeye

Recently purchased from the re-issue depot, this is one of the old caps, ELC is now producing caps with the new "broken grain" sheepskin, although, looking at the cap I recieved, I dont know how much more grain you can put on that leather. Size 7 1/8, its a tad small as it was the largest size left, but its still wearable.

Eastmans always faultless packaging...its like Christmas whenever you open up one of their boxes!
b-2001.jpg

b-2002.jpg

b-2004.jpg

b-2005.jpg

b-2006.jpg

b-2008.jpg

MikeyB-17

That's exactly the same as mine-same box and all, although mine is a good few years old now. Been getting plenty of wear lately, although like you, I can't see how much more grainy than that a new one is going to be.

PuLpO

i had order one too. but they never send me one and they nor do answer my several reminders mails for 4 weeks. i think they don`´t know much about service.

Stephan

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PuLpO said:
i had order one too. but they never send me one and they nor do answer my several reminders mails for 4 weeks.

Call them, Stephan ...

Tel: 01752 896874 Fax: 01752 690579

Geir

I had the same experience as Stephan. I ordered a cap, received an order confirmation, but my card was not charged and I received no message that they were sold out. As for calling — emails are free, international phonecalls are not. I am not impressed with Eastman's service. I emailed then after having bought a B-10 a few years ago and complained that the sum on the invoice included shipping (which, by the way, is twice the amount that Aero charge, so those cardboard boxes are not free) and that this sum was the basis for charging VAT in Norway. I should not pay VAT in the UK at all, since this was an export order outside EU and I should definitely not pay VAT on the amount charged for shipping. I received no reply.
My experience with Aero is different. I have ordered items from their sales page a couple of times when someone has been quicker and beaten me to it and I always receive an email informing of this. The result for me at least is that I prefer to deal with Aero.

havocpaul

There seems to be a running problem with ELC's e-mail server, their inbox seems to fill up regularly and so customers can't get in touch at times. I know Gary would never want to upset any customer, they do pride themselves on their service but as with any small family run company there may be a few problems, as I understand there has been with Aero too in the past.

rich

havocpaul said:
There seems to be a running problem with ELC's e-mail server, their inbox seems to fill up regularly and so customers can't get in touch at times. I know Gary would never want to upset any customer, they do pride themselves on their service but as with any small family run company there may be a few problems, as I understand there has been with Aero too in the past.

I'd have to agree - I've always found ELC customer service to be extremely good. Same with Aero too. Not much consolation if
you can't get through I know, but it wouldn't be intentional.

Happy Hooligan

Hawkeye:

I bought mine last year in a size 7 3/8. It felt a little small so I put it on my hat stretcher for few days. It stretched out a bit more than I wanted to if you do do it, watch it as it goes. But good news it will go back to size so if you wear it often it should stay to the size you stretched it...

They're great caps by the way!

JRaptor

Got my RW Redskin B2 in 7 1/4 about ten years ago. It was very tight out of the box but but didn't take long to stretch with just normal wear.

PuLpO

deeb7 said:
Geir said:
As for calling — emails are free, international phonecalls are not.

But the emails didn't work ... :?

A phone call from Germany is perhaps more worth then the cap. next time i will do but if you deal worldwide as they do why they don`t answer reminders for an Order.

ausreenactor

Me too!

I ordered a Large and a Medium when they popped up on the re-issue department. Got the order acknowledgement and
then nothing. Queried Gary and got a "nothing received". Fortunately did a print out and a screen save and sent it to him.
Nothing heard. As a huge fan of the ELC brand I was a bit miffed. Missed a slight second Lanc crusher the exact same way.
Lucky for me though, as I would not have my Diamond Flighter!! I wonder how you would go with regard to Consumer affairs?
If you dont get charged you have not really paid for anything. But their software should be set up to let you know you are too
late, out of luck, one of the many and we only have a few etc...

Couchy...

grommet

I bought 2 B-2 caps from ELC. I have a head circumference of 22 inches, which should be a small (size 7 1/8) according the the ELC hat size chart. I ended up needing a 7 3/8, which is a large. I didn't even think about stretching the smaller hat. Any tips as to how to do this?

Tim P

My personal experience with these is that you cant stop the bloody things stretching......
luckily for me as I knew about this and bought snug to allow for it. they smart stretch so they don't go baggy.