• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC B-15

A

Anonymous

Has anyone out there got one of the ELC B-15's ? I'm thinking of buying one but I'm nor sure about the offset zipper. Does it get in the way or it is irritation to have the top of one side of the jacket bigger than the other (albeit it slightly) ?

How does the quality match up ? Is the collar too big ? It looks very warm. Too warm for the British climate maybe ?

It's a toss up between the B-10 and the B-15. I get pulled towards the B-15 as it seems a less popular thing (as am I :ugeek: ) and slightly uglier than other jackets in a strange way (as am I compared to other earthlings :ugeek: :D )

J_H
P.S Don't tell me this is in the 'wrong' section. There are no wrong posts in wrong sections and I'm embracing the freedom :D

A

Anonymous

Cheers Pete. You have one I take it and are speaking from experience ?

J_H

Peter Graham

I've had a few original B-15's but never an ELC so I can't comment on them but I really like the offset zippers. Quirky looking and they make sense when you wear the jacket ! You can't go wrong with a B-10 or a B-15 although my opinion is that the B-15 is slightly more practical for everyday wear. Check the right section (cloth) for lots more info ! :)

A

Anonymous

I have been trawling the 'right' section ;) and have posed a few question on there regarding the two jackets. I'm assuming that the B-15 is a heavier lined jacket. Is that correct ? Also,, if I ordered a B-10 in a size up from my A-2 size, would that up the comfort ? I've never seen a photo of an aircrewman wearing an overly large B-10 to see what that might look like. I personally prefer my jackets a touch large than snug.

J_H

Peter Graham

The B-15 is not a heavier lined jacket. They are both alpaca lined. The cut is what makes it look heavier. In original pics of B-10's they always look trimmer because they are cut like an A-2. B-15's have a more modern cut.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for clearing that up Pete.

I'm leaning towards a B-10 one size up at the mo'. The oversize collar on the B-15 I'm not sure about :? . I'll see what info' comes in on the other topics. ELC are running at a 4 week wait at the moment. So much for the recession ! Or maybe it's full steam ahead for the Duxford 90th coming up.

Cheers,
J_H