• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC B-10 sizing

Hawkeye

Been thinking about swapping out my Buzz for an ELC, so I was wondering if those of you with size 42 and 44 ELC Roughwear jacket would be willing to take some measurements for me. Chest wise the 44 Buzz Rickson Roughwear fits perfectly but the torso and arms are just a touch short for my tastes.

Cobblers161

Hi Hawkeye,

The arms and torso are definitely longer, arms only slightly torso moreso, but it's a slimmer cut across the chest. Of the two I rate the ELC highest, both excellent jackets but the ELC looks and feels superior.

I'll get my measuring tape out later.

TankBuster

Here's what I did. I was in the same situation as yourself. The buzz 44 fit me fine
in the chest, but like yourself was too short in the body for me. I ordered my ELC
B-10 in a 42 long, and it fits perfect. The arms are a touch long, but the body length
is perfect. A 44 regular may have fit the bill, but Gary suggested the 42 long, since
the body length was not much different between the ELC 42 and 44.

Tim P

I had a low numbered one and took a 48 even though itake a 44 or 46 normally. may be that since then they have revised.

Chris217

Here's some pics of mine. I normally wear a 40R in the ELC line, but I got a 42 in the B-10.
I'll try to get some measurements shortly.
JaciesBirthday021.jpg

JaciesBirthday024.jpg

JaciesBirthday022.jpg

Cobblers161

Have a look in the B-10 image reference section you created, I'm wearing a size 44 ELC B-10 in that, I'm 6' tall so it should give you an idea of the length etc... I'd say the standard length is long enough for me, longer that the Buzz for sure.

And for reference the older ELC B-10's are sized differently to the newer versions, not by much but enough to make a difference.

Curahee

I did the same as Chris 217 (normally size 40R A-2 and size 42 B-10)and the fit is about the same from looking at his pics. Funny thing is that it fits just like a size 40R A-2 ?

P.S. Chris how did you get it to look this way ?

Cobblers161

Right, measurements for a 42" ELC B-10:

Shoulders outer edge of seam to seam 19.5"

Pit to Pit 23"

Down the back from top of seam 26"

Sleeve along Outer Edge 25" just a tad over this

Down the front zipper 22.5"

I am a 42" chest and this fits perfect, I got the 44" but it was way too long in sleeves and body.

This is a trim fit, although I can fit a jumper underneath and also managed an A-2 at one point! Looked cool!

Hawkeye

26" from collar seam to hem? If thats correct then maybe I can get away with picking up a 42R rather than a long size.

Cobblers161

Just remeasured it, from the top of the seam it's actually 26.5". I gotta be honest I find it a little too long but that's down to taste, I think the 42L will be wa too long of you're my height. I had the Buzz in a 44" and that was way shorter than this.

Just check your chest size? Are you usually a 42"? As I said before I'm 6', 41" chest and 13 1/2 stone (about 185lbs I think) and it fits me trim but very comfortable.

The photos of the jacket above look like the old style B-10, way different to the cut of mine bought last year.

Best of luck!

Grant

The ELC B-10 looks great except for the tight curly mouton used for the collar. Never seen mouton like that on an original B-10. I think the mouton BR uses is much more accurate.

Cobblers161

The newer mouton they use Grant is far better, very similar to the Buzz, they've disposed of the curly stuff for something far more authentic. Like most of their jackets they have had a design rehash resulting in the B-10 now being made of different materials and an improved cut to the one in the above pic. I'll add a pic when I get time.

Grant

That's great to hear because the rest of the jacket looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing a photo.

Cobblers161

_SWH2505.jpg

Actually it does kinda look a bit curly but in the flesh it's not so. In comparison with one of the earlier jackets it looks and feels way different.