• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 1942 Irvin arrived!

Hawkeye

Finally its here! Coincidently the postmans knock on the door came as I was dialing Eastman to obtain the tracking number :lol: . Absolutely incredible jacket, the vintage finish is really well done, very subtle. Fits like a dream. I wont post myriads of detail pics, James has already covered those pretty well in his own post. I think my jacket cravings are satisfied for this winter at least :D .

boots005-1.jpg

boots008-1.jpg

Roughwear

This is a great jacket and I sure it was worth the wait-just in time for Chirstmas! I especially like the '42 Irvins with honey-coloured fleece. I am delighted with my size 42. You can wear it hard and not worry about damaging it, unlike an original Irvin.

Jamesp

Looks good on you Sir.

Knew you would be pleased.

Hope you have a lot of wear from it.

But a warning:
Moving around the house the other day I kept hearing a faint squeak. When I stopped to listen it went. When I went about my business again it reappeared. Again I stopped only to find it had stopped again. This went on for some time and I was fearful for my sanity. Eventually I realized it was the belt buckle on the unzipped ELC Irvin I had on! Needs some oil!!

Cheerio
James.

Andrew

Looks like an excellent fit HE and a real keeper- another iteration of 1942 in a box. An original set of zips would really complete it but only if it were done by Eastmans. Did you ever consider using any of your originals and having them install them?

donsom

Coincidently the postmans knock on the door came as I was dialing Eastman to obtain the tracking number
Ha ... told you so ... :lol:

Well worth the wait, Hawkeye. I can see why you're extremely pleased ...

Hawkeye

Jamesp said:
Looks good on you Sir.

Knew you would be pleased.

Hope you have a lot of wear from it.

But a warning:
Moving around the house the other day I kept hearing a faint squeak. When I stopped to listen it went. When I went about my business again it reappeared. Again I stopped only to find it had stopped again. This went on for some time and I was fearful for my sanity. Eventually I realized it was the belt buckle on the unzipped ELC Irvin I had on! Needs some oil!!

Cheerio
James.

Today as the jacket was getting its first public outing I heard this mysterious squeeking sound as well, luckily there was no need to question my own sanity as I just remembered back to this post :lol:

Cliff

They have certainly improved on the colour of the fleece since I bought mine. I had to bleach mine in the sun for a year to get rid of the very reddy brown that my fleece once was.

They really do make stunning Irvins !!

rgds

cliff

dujardin

splendid jacket you have there...
normally i'm focused on US jacket (and more USN) but i have to recognise that a little Irvin would please me; especially the one of the coastal command with yellow hood. but having no cents this time; it would be for later later laterrrrrrrrrr

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

Hawkeye

Marc, its a 42 long. I think a plain 42 would have still fit me fine in torso length, but the arms would have been a bit short otherwise.

Marv

nice jacket - I also have the 42 pattern vintage finish but yours looks slightly different from mine in the sense that the sheepskin finish has a lovely hint of shine to it and the fleece seems lighter compared to mine where the sheepskin is very matt - dry looking even, with no shine and the fleece is a rusty brown colour.
Looks as though ELC have improved their 42 pattern Irvin yet again and it definately looks impressive..........