• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman sizing

handworn

I'm about to shut my eyes and order one of the new Eastman B-6s. Anyone have any guidance on size? My chest is 44", right on the line between a size 44, which they give as 42-44" chest size, and a 46 (44"-46"). My guess would be that I should err upwards, which might also give room for a sweater under the jacket, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pete17

I have bought a few jackets from ELC and love them all.
I found the best way was to measure up a jacket that fits well, if you have one, and email Gary all the details.
I'm 6'5" and each one fits perfectly.

Cheers
Peter

Tim P

for all my 44'age in eastman attire, I am happy with the 46 house ELC I have. I am however on the 46 side of 44 shoulders wise. If you order a stock piece without adornment or mod they will of course exchange...

handworn

It's here

I ordered a 44, and it arrived today, but it didn't help me decide as much as I'd hoped. It fits okay around the body, though there isn't much room for a sweater underneath, and the arm length is just right, but the shoulders are not as flexible as I'd expect for a jacket with a bi-swing back.

jacket1.jpg

jacket3.jpg

jacket2.jpg

jacket4.jpg

As you can see, it rides up when I spread my arms.

This is my first shearling jacket that fits, though, so I don't know what to expect. What do you guys think? Up a size? Or is this what it's supposed to look like and act like?

(Amazing quality of workmanship, by the way.)

Tim P

ride up will be encountered on any jacket, if you ordered a 50 you would be the same...looks like a fair choice you made

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
To me, the B-6 is a fitted jacket, and that's certainly how I'd want it to look. A size larger will start to drop in the shoulder, and the sleeves will be all over your hands.

I think it's job done ... you can move on to the next project.

Tim P

deeb7 said:
To me, the B-6 is a fitted jacket, and that's certainly how I'd want it to look. A size larger will start to drop in the shoulder, and the sleeves will be all over your hands.

I think it's job done ... you can move on to the next project.

like he said :)