• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Cable A2

sbsandy

I want to place an order for the cable A2 Goatskin from Eastman. My question is is there any advantage ordering directly from Eastman or going through HPN as I live in the us.

Also could anyone comment on the fit? I stand 5'7 170lbs 34waist just trying to figure if jacket runs roomy or tight fit. I believe Eastman can make short sizes as I take a 40short US..

Thanks
Sandy

Hawkeye

Definately order direct from Eastman. A Cable A-2, shipped to the US would cost 763.00. While the same jacket shipped from HPA costs 823.85 if paid by credit card, 793.85 if paid by check or money order. Interestingly enough, Eastman no longer carries a link to HPA on their website anymore.

sbsandy

Thanks guy's for info.

As a follow up question I need a short size will I need to send measurements along with order or just indicate I need a US 40short

Thanks

blethook

sbsandy said:
Thanks guy's for info.

As a follow up question I need a short size will I need to send measurements along with order or just indicate I need a US 40short

Thanks

Hi, why do you need a short 40?

FYI I'm 5'7" 146lb, 32 waist and I fit fine in size 40 regular. Yes, the fit is a bit roomier than either the Roughwear 1401, or the Werber, but not by much.

I got mine wet and the hide actually shrunk a bit, I think. At least it feels that way but I'm sure if I measure it it would be the same. The "shrinkage" is most apparent on the sleeves.

Here are the measurements (size 40R):
Sleeve: 25-1/4"
Epaulette: 6-7/8"
Front length: 22-5/8"
Back length: 25-1/4"
Armpit to armpit 22"
Shoulder: 17-3/4"

I'll try to send you some pics of it worn in the next couple of days.

Hope this helps.

sbsandy

I really wish i could wear a reg size but, my sleeve length is (dress shirt) 32' so reg size gives me lots of tunneling also the jacket is to long not by much, but when spending 800-1000 bucks for a jacket you kinda wan't it right..

John sent me one of his jackets (44) to try on and it was very,very close with sleeves maybe half inc to long but his jackets I think are sized more closely with original made in the 40s. So for the modern repo to fit me correctly it has to be a short.

As a sideline I purchased a new LostWorlds A2 several years ago had several reg sizes sent out with both being to large, finally had a 40 short made, and the fit was perfect,Sleeves,body length everything spot on...

Again Thanks so much for the HELP...
Sandy

blethook

Size 40 regular cable raincoat A-2

...worn by a 5'7" guy (me).

Don't think the body length will be too long for you. If you're worried about the long sleeves, you can get them shortened later on (ELC can do that at cost). The risk of ordering a custom jacket is that you won't be able to return it as someone already pointed out.

A2CableFront.jpg

sbsandy

Thanks for the picture as they say beats a thousand words. I will for sure give a 40 reg a try from Eastman, as stated earlier i tried several 40 regs from LostWorlds simply too long in the body. Again thanks for posting picture..

Sandy