• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman A-1 mechanics sweater

Grant

Mine's a sz. 42 and it fit's a little on the loose side leaving room for a shirt underneath. For comparison all of my ELC jackets (B-10, Cable and Werber) are also sz. 42 and are a trimmer fit. The sweater's too bulky to wear under an A-2 but would be perfect if I had a D-1!

Hope that helps.

stanier

Thanks Grant, much appreciated. I have a D-1 and that's what I was planning to wear with it.

Sounds like I'll be a 42.

Cheers

Grant

Stanier, Is your D-1 also an ELC?
Their A-1 sweater is very well made - you won't be disappointed.
If you order one it'd be cool to see a photo of them worn together.

Cheers

stanier

Hi Grant, yes my D-1 is from ELC, I've had it about a year now, and I'm very happy with it, a broken grain version with Crown zips.

I've just been to the ELC website to find the size 42 is sold out now, which means a photo of the two is unlikely to happen soon I'm afraid. Anyway I'm going to give them a call in the morning just in case there's one left, you never know!

Any idea what the sweater would have been worn over? I was going to get one of these

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php ... White.html

Cheers

Grant

I wear mine with an enlisted man's wool shirt or old chambray work shirt.
The LVC undershirt is nicely made and very comfortable. Keep in mind they run on the large side. I took a medium and it fits perfect. The new Levi's store in Meatpacking just got a bunch of them in of anyone's in NYC.