• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubow Repro, or original issue?

Silver Surfer

once in a while we get lucky and score a jac for silly money. but, more times then not [and more so now that anyone has access to to price guides and the www], we have to pony up if we want the really good gear. experienced collectors know this and newer collectors are catching up. ya want the best? better be willing to go the distance, period. for those that opt not to go the distance, there will always be those jacs with leather issues blown out zippers stitch holes from patches, redyes, etc that are affordable and maybe wearers. personally, i would rather cough up big coin for a top of the line jac then buying a coupla mid so so grade jacs. i reckon that the dubow in question is a 9 outta 10 [10 being unissued], so, 2k+ is not at all outta line. sheet, in four years or so, you wont be able to touch an a-2 in that condition for less then 3+k.

CBI

Its a lot of cash but for an A-2 in that great of shape, it makes sense. Its jut too bad that these jackets are now out of reach for so many people. A forum member DID buy this and I am sure will post pics. No, its not me. I clearly remember when an A-2 in this sort of shape costs about $400.

Roughwear

6148th T.C.Squadron said:
We will see many pictures of you new child Dubow soon?

"child" Dubow!!! sounds like I gave birth to the 73 year old jacket! :lol:

There's a review of this fantastic Dubow in Vintage of the section.