• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doniger McGregor AN-J-3 in Cape

Skip

Here 'tis courtesy of Dr H.

Have to say its one of the most comfortable leather jackets I've ever worn, and the feel is buttery supple, totally different feel to goat.

Love the pointed collar with its M422 like button up strap, and the colour/patina is sensational.

Colour of hide in the images is close to actual, although the original knits (waistband, left cuff) are displaying more red/purple whereas they are more a milk chocolate with a slight red tinge.

Its a hard thing not to wear it..

DSCF0798.jpg

apologies for the tree growing out of my head

DSCF0806.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0815.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

dmar836

Cool. That's the kind of jacket you wear out with pride and, after several times, realize nobody notices. Shame, it's a sharp jacket!

Skip

Yeah, know what you mean, it's kinda subtle until they really 'see' it. When the box arrived, I opened it in front of some work colleagues who initially took no notice until I put it on, then I think they saw it differently. They couldn't stop touching it and even wanted to try it on...

Dr H

Matt, now that's how it's supposed to fit!
Excellent choice, super sharp Doniger styling.
You'll get plenty of pleasure from that one; if you get it away from your workmates!
Cheers
Ian

Roughwear

It looks great Matt. This is such a rare jacket. I suspect very few were produced judging by the survival rate.

Skip

Thanks Peter

Thanks also to BIll for fixing the image links, just noticed

Skip

Yes, it is extremely comfortable, as if it was tailored to fit. In size I'm between a 40 and 42, too tall for a 40, and a 42 is slightly large in the chest but with the right length. :roll: Its finally nice to find a jacket that actually fits right for a change.

Thank you and a Merry Christmas to all, cheers

Skip

It's that cyclic thing every so many years when we come out of the closet like a well worn jacket ;)

Skip

jollygreenslugg said:
G'day Matt

That's a fantastic jacket, count me as envious!

Cheers,
Matt (the one about five hours north of you!)

Matt, I'm from the 'Gong, and I thought you were kind of SOuth West of me ?

And to all those Matt's out there, season's greetings

jollygreenslugg

G'day again Matt,

Ah, I thought you were from Melbourne, sorry 'bout that! Anyway, same distance, wrong direction!

Skip said:
Matt, I'm from the 'Gong, and I thought you were kind of SOuth West of me ?

And to all those Matt's out there, season's greetings

Apparently Matt has been in the top ten of boys' names for many years. Maybe not these days though.

To all the Matts, and all the non-Matts ( ;) ), have a great Christmas break.

Cheers,
Matt7 of 23!