• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doh!! (as in Homer simpson)

Tim P

this is not someone who moves in the circles we do and as such will not realise that a sympathetic restoration is very possible. nothing htta cant be reversed. I doubt it will realise his start bid.,

fishmeok

Aside from the obvious I would be very worried about just where the holes for the new liner went- in something like this it's better to think twice before punching new holes. In addition, if the new liner used small stitches (which they may well be judging from the pics, I'm assuming the stitch length would not be changed just for re-attaching the small bit of original liner) and they don't line up with the original holes the edge of the jacket will be turned into a piece of perforated paper, like an old piece of printer roll, or a postage stamp.

This is all fresh in my mind right now as I just finished replacing the liner on one of my practice jackets. There are so many ways to screw it up ( and I found most of them) it's not funny... :x
Cheers
Mark

Roughwear

Shame about the replaced lining. I reminds me of RW 1401p, but hard to be sure due the lack of decent pics. The lining could easily be replaced along with the knits and it could be a decent jacket. I wonder what happened to the label?