• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Day 1, jacket 1: an ELC RW B10

better duck

Folks,
It's actually been some days ago now, that I received three jackets in quick succession. A hobbyist gone bonkers, some would say. It took me a while to get some photos, and get them up to Photobucket.
The first jacket to enter my household was a brand new ELC B10, that I ordered, just for the hell of it, after my GW shipment (of which more later) had arrived here in Holland and had returned to sender :( :( . I had to get me some form of consolation, and I found it at the ELC website.

The first picture is of the (big) carrierbox the jacket arrives in:
IMG_2924.jpg

A look inside the box: as yet, no jacket revealed, just the way ELC packages their jackets. Don't know if it's authentic, but it sure looks good:
IMG_2927.jpg

A close up of the label on the bag:
IMG_2926.jpg

The jacket out of the bag, but still folded:
IMG_2929.jpg

The jacket:
IMG_2930.jpg

More attention to detail: a label, attached to the zipperpuller (Side 1):
IMG_2931.jpg

(Side 2):
IMG_2933-1.jpg

Three pics of the proud new owner:
IMG_0034A.jpg

Please note the great lenghts I have gone to, to give Marcels Elisabeth a smile. Somehow didn't come naturally ... :D
IMG_0052.jpg

And one with a more casual attitude:
IMG_0053.jpg

The jacket fits me great (size 46) and is very comfortable indeed, also thanks to the gusseted sleeves.

dujardin

splendid catch Peter,

the fit is perfect, we can saw that on your happy smile.
no prevision of patch for those B10 ?
byeeeeeee marcel

Jason

That looks nice Peter, thanks for the photos - I especially like your photos of all the attention to detail items... its nice the way ELC do the servicable tag and packing. How's the alpaca lining from new on the ELC?

Weasel_Loader

Okay Peter, now I'm confused. I was actually saving up for another A-2, but now I'm wanting a B-10!!! You gotta love that attention to detail that ELC puts forth. I'll have to do some reading up on the differences between the Buzz and ELC B-10s. Big price difference. :roll:

Looks like a perfect fit Peter!!! ;)

Curahee

Nice fit Peter :) , you are going to love and appreciate this jacket comming winter. I have one as you may know and it's so much more comfortable to wear than those bulky shearling jackets.

better duck

Curahee said:
(...) and it's so much more comfortable to wear than those bulky shearling jackets.

Indeed, it's even much more comfortable fitwise than an A2. Thanks to the gusseted sleeves and a different cut. It feels great wearing it, and it is warm too. The only (known beforehand) gripe one might have is, that depending on what you wear underneath, the alpaca lining may itch. The less layers and / or the thinner the shirt, the more the individual fibres of the lining will find your skin and tickle you in an unpleasant way. In my case it is a minor thing and I have already come to ignore it.

Weasel_Loader

Peter, I just grabbed one off ebay a few days ago. Almost new ELC B-10 in size 44. Can't wait as it's really too cold here in the mornings for my A-2 but not quite enough for my Buzz B-15C. ;)

better duck

Weasel_Loader said:
Peter, I just grabbed one off ebay a few days ago. Almost new ELC B-10 in size 44. Can't wait as it's really too cold here in the mornings for my A-2 but not quite enough for my Buzz B-15C. ;)
Great! Let us know what you think of it!

Manuel

Peter,
I've ordered and just received an ELC aviators kit bag just like the one you have on one of your picture.
I was wondering which zippers yours was fitted with. On their website, ELC mention this bag to come with two Talon zippers. My kit bag has Crown ones.