• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Davis-Monthan AFB base ops log book...

Phantomfixer

Guys I just got back from a world wind tour, Dover, Spain (7 days), New Mexico, Arizona, and finally Martinsburg WV. My family took a C-5 to Spain for a vacation, awesome and thanks for the lift Martinsburg WV ANG, you guys and gals rock.
Ok back to the good stuff...while visiting at base ops at Davis-Monthan, I saw a log book of all the folks who flew in from the mid 20s up to ????The names I saw were a who's who of flyers
Major Arnold on a solo from wright field 1925 ish
Emelia Earnhart
Lindberg
Andrews
Vandenberg
George
the info had the plane type, where they flew from, N number or tail number, date.
the book on display is a photo copy of the original. the original is directly under the display but in glass.
the pics I took of the signatures did not come out.
I am thinking that since there is a copy maybe the pages were scanned also and maybe available under the FOI act??? the wing historian made the copies, how long ago???
It was a great surprise and awesome to view, so if you ever get to base ops at DM check it out....