• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dad's N-3B

bgrant570

Gents, I recently introduced myself in the member bio area and shared the story of my dad's vietnam era flight jacket. Here's another jacket he gave me. This one came my way because it was on its way to Goodwill if I didn't take it. Not nearly as exciting to me as the G-1, but I'm glad to have found a group who will appreciate it. This is the info I have on it straight from my dad:

"At Christmas time in 1971 another guy and I were on a cross country flight and stopped at an Air Force base near Denver. Our plane had a minor mechanical issue but they had to fly a mechanic out from Alameda (dad's home base). It was super cold and snowy so we commandeered two of these heavy coats from the Air Force folks and didn't have to give them back."

Hope you enjoy the pics!
IMG_E0133.JPG
IMG_E0134.JPG
IMG_E0135.JPG
IMG_E0136.JPG
thumbnail_image0.jpg
thumbnail_image1.jpg
thumbnail_image3.jpg
thumbnail_image2.jpg

Chandler

I remember the first time complete appreciation of the N-3B hit me -- sitting in the cold aluminum stands of a college football game in early December -- just north of Chicago, just west of Lake Michigan. That parka was just what the meteorologist ordered that day! :)

B-Man2

I remember the first time complete appreciation of the N-3B hit me -- sitting in the cold aluminum stands of a college football game in early December -- just north of Chicago, just west of Lake Michigan. That parka was just what the meteorologist ordered that day! :)
Probably literally saved your ass as well.
Those aluminum seats will freeze a set of hemorrhoids solid as a rock !!
Sitting on your N-3B probably kept your tushy nice and warm . :)

B-Man2

No doubt. Though the fleece pants under the army issue camo fatigues helped too -- just don't drink too much beer! Hell at the facilities! ;)
Oh yeh !!! Combine all that with an enlarged prostate and a limited early warning notice doesn’t leave much time to drop those draws and attend to business !
( was that a little too much information ? :oops:)

;)

Chandler

Oh yeh !!! Combine all that with an enlarged prostate and a limited early warning notice doesn’t leave much time to drop those draws and attend to business !
Yikes?

This was probably 20 years ago, so I wasn't really thinking of all that TMI. ;)

Yet.