• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWU-36p with epaulettes….

NW Carver

Hi all - quick question, I picked this CWU-36p a few days ago, and it’s just arrived by post…

In the original pics it did not show any epaulettes on the jacket (or I did not see them) - but when it arrived it has them…

Now almost all CWU 36ps I have seen do not have epaulettes - yet this one does - can anyone enlighten me here?

The label seems to be correct etc…

All help gratefully received
DEC83A76-11C1-4902-8ADF-C2FC63EA008A.jpeg

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

I've seen them before with epaulettes, they probably are added by squadrons (European/foreign countries), CWU's don't come with epaultettes from the factory.

Note this Belgian pilot wearing his CWU-36 with epaulettes
A05E8E17-F1D5-41DF-BD61-4F0357494B34.jpeg

Original CWU-36 from factory
A2A59232-AAB7-462E-A508-298429614DE4.jpeg

NW Carver

I've seen them before with epaulettes, they probably are added by squadrons (European/foreign countries), CWU's don't come with epaultettes from the factory.

Note this Belgian pilot wearing his CWU-36 with epaulettes
View attachment 79532
Original CWU-36 from factoryView attachment 79533
Perfect - thank you for clarifying that - I will send it back.

I was after the US AF version itself - as I don’t have a CWU 36 p in the collection - but with all the ’top gun/Maverick’ fanfare going on,I picked the wrong time to try and find one....

CombatWombat

I was after the US AF version itself - as I don’t have a CWU 36 p in the collection - but with all the ’top gun/Maverick’ fanfare going on,I picked the wrong time to try and find one....
Ahh dude it IS a USAF approved CWU jacket that's been modified for what looks like either Belgian helicopter pilot or possibly Dutch judging by the Velcro "shield" on the front near the zipper..... personally I'd keep that since it's harder to find the European Mod ones that aren't trashed (at least it is in Australia)

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Yes, not the best time to find the best deal right now, but send me a PM, probably I have an option for you.

NW Carver

Ahh dude it IS a USAF approved CWU jacket that's been modified for what looks like either Belgian helicopter pilot or possibly Dutch judging by the Velcro "shield" on the front near the zipper..... personally I'd keep that since it's harder to find the European Mod ones that aren't trashed (at least it is in Australia)
Got it - thanks for clarifying that - I wasn’t aware that other air forces used them, I thought they were used by USAF exclusively....very interesting