• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWU 36 legit?

herk115

If I may put in my $.02 worth (albeit a little late)...
As a former USAF aviator I belonged to several units and major commands, so I'm afforded a smorgasbord of different patches appropriate for wear on my jacket and flight suit, and don't have to ask myself "Gee, what looks cool today?" As someone put it a while back, "the coolest patches are the ones you earned."
So, when I see someone wearing a USAF jacket who obviously never served, I merely ask them, "Were you in the Air Force?" If they answer honestly, i.e. "No, I'm just a collector," then I tell them "Great! Cool jacket!" and move on. After all the guy (or girl) knows I earned my wings and he didn't, and if he's honest about it, I'm okay with it. It's only if the guy never served but tries to BS me that he did that I get upset. At the same time I avoid a public scene and merely mutter only for him (and maybe his girlfriend) to hear, "Shame on you," or something to that affect, anyway. And of course, like everyone else in this post, if the guy never swerved and is using the jacket to try to get a free lunch or something, then I totally agree he has crossed the line and should remove the jacket or at least its adornments...and maybe get a night in the slam. And if he's using it to try to score with a lady, well...if she falls for it, she deserves the clown.

B-Man2

As a former USAF aviator I belonged to several units and major commands, so I'm afforded a smorgasbord of different patches appropriate for wear on my jacket and flight suit, and don't have to ask myself "Gee, what looks cool today?" As someone put it a while back, "the coolest patches are the ones you earned."
So, when I see someone wearing a USAF jacket who obviously never served, I merely ask them, "Were you in the Air Force?" If they answer honestly, i.e. "No, I'm just a collector," then I tell them "Great! Cool jacket!" and move on. After all the guy (or girl) knows I earned my wings and he didn't, and if he's honest about it, I'm okay with it. It's only if the guy never served but tries to BS me that he did that I get upset. At the same time I avoid a public scene and merely mutter only for him (and maybe his girlfriend) to hear, "Shame on you," or something to that affect, anyway. And of course, like everyone else in this post, if the guy never swerved and is using the jacket to try to get a free lunch or something, then I totally agree he has crossed the line and should remove the jacket or at least its adornments...and maybe get a night in the slam. And if he's using it to try to score with a lady, well...if she falls for it, she deserves the clown.
Well said !!

Thomas Koehle

Makes absolute sense!

Skyhawk

The Stars and Stripes are always placed with the Star Block in the front, as if the flag was blowing in the wind. As it would be if the jacket was charging into the fight.
With it facing the other way, it's more like the the jacket is backing away and cowering.

I think the US Army wears the flag on the right side, so this reverse field patch is probably meant for them.