• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWU-36 & 45

rich

I think it was last year that I had a few problems with fit in CWU jackets - usually 44" is good for me, so in theory the Large versions of these jackets should have been fine. They were too small though, so I bought them both in XL (46-48) which ought to be too big, but it's not. These are both by Alpha, but I don't know how consistent sizing is across the makers, I think Jim and Dean both said
sizing was all over the place. But I hope these might help anyone thinking of buying one of these. I wore the 36 a lot this summer, and very comfortable it is too. The 45 has some brutal creases in it,
are there any safe methods to take these out? Sorry, all measurements are in inches. (Down the back, from the collar seam to the bottom of the waist knit, is 26" for both.)

CWU-45.jpg

CWU-36.jpg

watchmanjimg

I've used a COOL iron to reduce the appearance of stitch holes on my CWUs, as well as to remove wrinkles. Just be careful with the temperature. I know the jackets are said to be fire-retardant but we're talking about avoiding cosmetic damage here.

Let us know how it turns out. :D