• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious about Aero's King of the Road...

Tommer45

So I'm back at it again.. trying to decide if I should get another motorcycle jacket. Over the past two years I've had to talk myself out of buying a Legendary (Schott) Black Stallion hh jacket. I love the old Buco D-pocket look, and I'd much rather pay the $600 or so for the Legendary rather than deal with Stu again for one of his. It had been a while since I'd even looked at the Legendary site until a recent post on the VLJ got me thinking again. Now that the Black Stallion is offered in brown as the Wild Stallion, I think a future purchase is imminent.

WildStallion.jpg

Just as I was about to pull the trigger and hit "add to cart" for the Wild Stallion, I started thinking about how my Schott's HH just doesn't hold a candle to my Aero's HH, and decided to check out what MC jackets Aero had to offer. Delightedly I found the King of the Road which I would get in either brown or cordovan and that brought me here.

AeroKOR.jpg

My question would be does anyone on here have an Aero King of the Road? And if so how do you like it, and how's the comfort level when riding (arm hole/reach problems?)? It's got the look I've wanted and I know the quality of HH will be unmatched (my Aero LHB is by far the nicest HH I've owned.. my Schott, Wested and Lost Worlds don't even come close). So... any KOR owners out there?

Tommer

I have a KOTR in a 48.The KOTR fits great with no restrictions.The FQHH is 4+ oz. it was not stiff at all like my other Aero FQHH from the start. If I were to order it all over again, I would add a zip out liner for the colder weather 30 days or so, as I live in Florida, and antique brass hardware.

Vcruiser

Tommer
I aswered your post in the FL...so David wouldn't notice it.
Van

BTW...Chris(VLJ owner) has/had a KOTR in black vintage HH.

Vcruiser

deeb7 said:
Vcruiser said:
Tommer
I aswered your post in the FL...so David wouldn't notice it.

It's true, I was just over on the black pages, and found it.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=44948

Hawkeye's Cable didn't seem to be getting much interest ... I guess it's the wrong maker.

Wrong maker?...trouble maker?
I just can't help having a keen interest in Aero utility jackets...
I do think Hawkeye's cable looks great. Missed it. I'll run right over there and comment..... :) ;) Okeedokee?
VB

Vcruiser

You do know that this is very close to the proverbial G**dw**r hijacking in reverse..or sideways...don't you? Someone may come out of the woodwork.....
VB

Vcruiser

Hate to break it to you Brother deeb...but Tommer happens to be Bill's personal stuntman on all Aero FQHH threads. Although not authorized to hit the ban button..he is allowed to draw "First Blood"... :eek:

Tommer45

That's it.. I am making a citizen's arrest and placing you both on probation. I saw 9 replies to my post and thought to myself, "Oh good, these should all be filled with useful and informative information regarding the Aero"... but no instead it was you two jokers! ;)

And yeah I posted it on the FL as well... although I am partial to the VLJ it seems like Aero is somewhat of a deity on the FL and I figured I might get more feedback there. I guess I'll head over to the FL now.. I can only hope that that HoosierDaddy punk doesn't mess with me.. whoever he is!

Tommer

P.S. Oh and yes, I've been Bill's stunt double for quite some time. I didn't realize anyone else knew.. I know Bill enjoyed people thinking he actually did all of his own stunts (like that liar Mark Wahlberg).

siddhartha

Administrator
I have one, and love it! I don't get to wear it that often here in FL, but I look forward to it.

I can provide pics, but mine isn't worn in-looks just like the pictures.

It is a little narrow through the waist-I believe this is by design, so it fits close. Keep that in mind with sizing. I was told at the time to go up a size from my regular, or even 2 sizes if I desired to wear a light sweater underneath. I went with a 46, and it fits snug, but nicely

Chris

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tommer45 said:
And yeah I posted it on the FL as well... although I am partial to the VLJ it seems like Aero is somewhat of a deity on the FL and I figured I might get more feedback there.

And didn't that turn out to be a smart decision. :)

Well they have been more helpful than us, even if we do have to lend out the odd member to keep up the numbers. Somebody mentioned cherry, if you want a change, the cherry HH is great.