• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cockpit Clothing Co. Irvin on eBay UK

DylanDog

I’m not sure if this will be of interest however I recently stumbled across this Cockpit Clothing Co. BoB Limited Edition Irvin jacket listed on eBay here in the UK.
Being just titled ‘Vintage Flying Jacket’ the listing probably isn’t getting the views it might have done had it been more accurately described.

Anyway, as the price wasn’t excessive I’ve been exchanging messages about the measurements and fit with the seller.

It would appear the jacket was originally tailor made to a custom order. This might explain why at 59cm’s the sleeves seem to be a little on the short side when compared with the rest of the jacket.

Needless to say I have no other connection with either the buyer or jacket and had the sleeves been 4-5cm’s longer I would’ve bought it myself but thought this might appeal to someone on here whose arms are shorter than mine (not that I’m anywhere near simian-like, just all neatly in proportion)

Southoftheborder

I notice this finished without any bids at the starting price of £250 which as it had 39 watchers surprised me a bit. It could have been picked up for that and would have been a good buy. It's back with a new starting price of £300 now....

Micawber

I noticed that too and that it was pulled prior to the auction end time. Perhaps the short sleeve length put some off.

DylanDog

When I last looked I thought at least one bid had been placed. If so, this would’ve removed the Buy It Now option which was originally set at £360.
The new listing mentions something about having to be ‘re-listed due to a time-waster’
I don’t know what that’s about but I think perhaps the seller got cold feet and thought the jacket might end up going for just £250, or at least a lot less than what they were really wanting ?
This might explain why the new starting price is now £300 and there’s no Buy It Now price.