• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christmas Present!

Atticus

No...its not another jacket. Its better. You're looking at a painting a friend of mine did of the Liberty Belle before she was destroyed. She came to the Sanford N.C. airport, a couple of years ago, and Doug went out to see her. Inspired, he snapped some photos and went back to his studio to produce this painting. Santa brought me print number 16 out of 125 for Christmas this year.

1219111024.jpg

I met Doug twenty years ago when he was still a USAF C-130 pilot stationed at Pope Air Force Base down in Fayetteville. He and his wife lived across the street from my, then, girlfriend. We became friends through our common interest in flying and flight jackets, but until years later, I had no clue he had any artistic talent. Clearly he does. Since then, he has retired form the Air Force and has become a professional artist and is doing quite well at it.

1219111112-1.jpg

By the way, this is a print Doug made for me after Dad passed away. Its difficult to read, but he painted my father's name and rank into the bottom of the flag frame.

I apologize for the less-than-splendid phone photos, but I gave myself a new Droid for Christmas. One of the things it can do (with the proper app) is to download photos from itself, wirelessly and directly, to photobucket. So I don't much mess with the digital camera anymore.

AF

greyhound52

This very cool great paintings...wow that is something about the droid being able to do that I may have to think about that for my next phone.

Atticus

greyhound52 said:
This very cool great paintings...wow that is something about the droid being able to do that I may have to think about that for my next phone.
This 4G LG Revolution makes my BlackBerry look like a dang stone tablet and chisel. Simply download the free photobucket app from the phone's app market. From then on, any photo you take with the phone can be directly uploaded to photobucket with the touch of a button. Of course your photobucket account is then also at your finger tips. You can share your photos or post them directly from the phone.

AF

Members online

Latest posts