• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chinese American Composite Wing Hand Stitch/ Embroidered

atkins

Gents, here are my latest project, put a smile on everyone seeing me stitching like grandma, but i enjoyed and felt like a therapy, very soothing. LoL.

Pardon the imperfection.

8275453289_a72f3797cf_z.jpg

8276517776_d5a334029a_c.jpg

Oscar

deand

Speaking from experience, that was a lot of work! Terrific! Kudos for the great detail! Great work! Well done! Can't wait to see the next project!

dean

jbmilart

That's very impressive Atkins! I know if I was to try something like that... the red colors would be in my own blood, after sticking myself with a sewing needle about a bazillion times! :lol: I envy anyone who can sew like that... very remarkable!

atkins

a2jacketpatches said:
Wow! That's a tough one in multi-piece leather. Super job! How many hours if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you Sean. Let see, i lost count after day three :mrgreen: , each day maximum 4 hours. It is save to say a week. One more thing that slow me down is the availability of the white thread in my little town.

atkins

Thanks Jeff, Dean, John, Marcel and Jim,

jbmilart said:
That's very impressive Atkins! I know if I was to try something like that... the red colors would be in my own blood, after sticking myself with a sewing needle about a bazillion times! :lol: I envy anyone who can sew like that... very remarkable!

haha....the circle hoop really save my fingers . Here's the original i found on Google years ago:

8278164636_d71bca8a07_b.jpg

Here are one of my favorite artwork ever ( Can you guys guess who's the creator? ;) )
8278165412_4d02a43388.jpg

@Dean, i'm preparing to make this patch . Your hand embroidered 9th BS, how big is it?
8277102681_dd4ddf52e2.jpg

atkins

a2jacketpatches said:
Love that Donald Duck, hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna grab that image.

Grab away Sean, if i just could remember where did i get that,possibility from someone here. Thanks to original poster.

dujardin

atkins said:
a2jacketpatches said:
Love that Donald Duck, hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna grab that image.

Grab away Sean, if i just could remember where did i get that,possibility from someone here. Thanks to original poster.

i take it too for my file
thanksssssssssssssssssss

deand

atkins said:
@Dean, i'm preparing to make this patch . Your hand embroidered 9th BS, how big is it?

I'm thinking it's 5". I think that was standard. If there was a standard. You really did a great job there!

dean

a2jacketpatches

deand said:
atkins said:

I'm thinking it's 5". I think that was standard. If there was a standard. You really did a great job there!

dean

5" would be standard, Doing it on wool? Good thing here is if you do it on a base of yellow fabric, the distortion will be minimal and you won't have to worry about it so much. You can wet it later and stretch into shape.

deand

Here's a few production shots of the 9 B.S. patch. On the reverse side of the linen, I ironed on a piece of Iron-On T-shirt material to stiffen up the linen.

mmsc_picture.jpg

mms_picture-16.jpg

dean

atkins

Thank you Dean. I should've took pictures of the process like you did. Learning a lot from those pics Sir.

Sean, wouldn't it be considered cheating ,-using a yellow cloth? :) My other option beside cotton fabric is felt, not sure if any fabric shop have linen here. Will keep you update of the Donald.

a2jacketpatches

Not cheating, just a different approach. Some patches were made that way. I'll be doing some hand guided machine stuff soon and plan to use the base colored cloth where it makes sense. I have quite a collection of vintage fabrics from the past 10 years, felt, wool weaves, silks, all kinds of stuff.