• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBI Dubow with a nasty problem

fishmeok

Looks like it has some serious issues with the upper back panel- I bet you could push your finger through it. Great looking depot re-dye though. i may have to do that to my pre-prod GW.

Cheers
Mark

A

Anonymous

No doubt folk will leap to their defence but my limited experience purchasing A-2 from Manions has been bad. I've purchased two and they've both had faults. Maybe I was just unlucky, but once bitten .... I don't think they're very aware of what they're selling and I wouldn't trust one of their descriptions. Ask lots of questions and get better pics, as you would with Ebay etc.

A

Anonymous

fishmeok said:
Looks like it has some serious issues with the upper back panel- I bet you could push your finger through it. Great looking depot re-dye though. i may have to do that to my pre-prod GW.

Cheers
Mark
To my eyes it's not a re-dye- the stitching contrasts in a lot of places. I thought these late war Dubows were dark. I'm not a Dubow "expert" though...

Robman

I don't think it a re-dye either.

Dubows can be found in many shades of brown but usually most are dark from this contract.

Tim P

not a wearer methinks. :(
look at the lobes on that collar.
Problem with big auction houses is they sell investment pieces to the unwitting ignoring the tatty condition and selling (perhaps rightly?) a 'piece of history'.