• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cal Leathers "RoadKing" double riders jacket

CombatWombat

Just showing off my old Cal Leathers Moto jacket
It's similar to some of the California Highway Patrol jackets I've seen kicking around but doesn't have a badge holder or a action back they had
Came with a zip in "Teddy Bear lining" and has pop studs for a collar that I sadly don't have (thankfully it's similar spacing between the studs for a Taylor's Wear Mouton collar to fit on)
16866258826538090658066390229665.jpg
16866257892002041501487815827995.jpg

Falcon_52

Sorry to hear that you aren't in the saddle anymore because of health issues. :( I'm glad you are able to show it off in the pubs though!

I took a second look at your photos; is the leather as soft/pliable as it appears? I mean it looks heavyweight but it looks "comfortable" on you.

CombatWombat

Sorry to hear that you aren't in the saddle anymore because of health issues. :( I'm glad you are able to show it off in the pubs though!

I took a second look at your photos; is the leather as soft/pliable as it appears? I mean it looks heavyweight but it looks "comfortable" on you.
Sorry for the late reply!
It's able to stand up by itself, but like a lizard in the sun it softens up after a bit in the weather we have here

CombatWombat

I've also had it for nigh on 20 years now (and God knows how old and used it was before I got my hands on it)
I'm guessing between the use, oiling up and the bug splatter has "worked out the leather" quite well :cool:

Falcon_52

I hear you on that. I've had my Lost Worlds motorcycle jacket for 13 years (I think) and it's been through a lot. It has actually softened a lot up from rain, wind, and probably the bugs too.