• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson Roughwear AC-27752

rubbersoul007

Hello Folks,
I am new to the forum, some of you may know me from the Fedora Lounge. I just purchased this Buzz AC-27752 and I am very pleased. Not sure how authentic Buzz makes their A2's but the quality is top shelf. I currently own an Eastman 1401Roughwear in Russet and also an Aero 42-15142 in Seal which I am going to sell, And I have to say I really like the quality of this Buzz Rickson.
Here are a few photos.

Buzz_27752__8.jpg

Buzz_3A.jpg

Buzz_5A.jpg

Buzz_1A.jpg

Jeff M

I must admit, I am confused by BR's business plan.
Who actually makes BR's clothing...in particular their A2's?
Are the Buzz Rickson "Ralph Lauren" A2's made by Eastman...shipped to BR...then to RL to receive the RL label, or does somebody else make these A2's....or does BR actually make the A2's themselves, and if so, why have Eastman A2's? :?:

rubbersoul007

Not sure how they deal with Eastman, but this particular Jacket was made for RRL by Buzz Rickson according to the tags made in Japan and also according to RRL. I gave them a call before I bought this piece and they told me Buzz Rickson made this particular piece.

Jeff M

rubbersoul007 said:
Not sure how they deal with Eastman, but this particular Jacket was made for RRL by Buzz Rickson according to the tags made in Japan and also according to RRL. I gave them a call before I bought this piece and they told me Buzz Rickson made this particular piece.

More confusion.
Was the jacket actually made in Japan ?
I thought the non-Eastman products were manufactured not in Japan, but elsewhere in Asia.

rubbersoul007

Yes it was made in Japan, theres a label on the jacket stating 'Made in Japan" Made very well, I feel this is the best A2 i have ever owned in terms of quality.

rubbersoul007

I was a bit skeptical of buying it with the Ralph Lauren name but once I found out this was actually made by Buzz Rickson I was sold. This jacket is beyond my expectations. I did not think it could top my Aero but it has !!!!