• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson L-2B Topps Apparel measurements needed

Rutger

Hi there,

Is there anybody out there who can give me measurements of this BR jacket in a size 42 and/or a size 44? Would like to know:
1) length of sleeve including cuff measured from shoulder,
2) length of sleeve including cuff measured from pit,
3) shoulder to shoulder (that would be the shoulder width),
4) collar seam to lower end of waistband?

Need the measurements because sometimes a 42 is a better fit, sometimes a 44 fits better.

thanks,
Rutger

rich

Here you go Rutger - the jacket is labeled as an XX-Large and is supposed to equate to a 44".

1. 26 inches
2. 20 inches
3. 22 inches
4. 26 inches

The pit to pit across the front is also 26 inches.
Hope this helps.

Rutger

Rich, thanks for your info,
a few days ago I had Eastman send me the very last BR they had until coming autumn, which was a size 42 guestimated on your info and their kind assistance. It turned out to be too large for me (tunneling sleeves), so unfortunately to be returned (which they thankfully allow), to exchange it for a 40 in 5-6 months.
Jacket itself is astonishingly alike to my original L-2B, feels exactly the same, colour almost identical, and so on.
So for those in need of information in the future:
BR L-2B in size 42 is too large for me at 6'0.5" and chest of 42.5" and 185 lbs.

Rutger

Rutger

That's right, I had expected a size number, in stead it was marked extra large.
Apparently numbers and indications are both used, I seem to remember I've seen BR nylon jackets with numerical size indications as well.
So I'll supposedly will need a Large, supposedly large being a 40.
I did notice later on at the BR website in the US that any L2 version should be bought one size smaller.
This unfortunately is not indicated on the Eastman website.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Rutger said:
Apparently numbers and indications are both used, I seem to remember I've seen BR nylon jackets with numerical size indications as well.

Thanks Rutger ... the L-2B was the first series to use words instead of numbers, so the Buzz repro's are consistant with the original labels.

Yes, 40 is Large, and sizing down for an L-2 is good advice. Mine is a 38, in any other Buzz I seem to take a 40.