• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BUCO REPRO now with LABELS!!

DiamondDave

Again, I will say thanks to JC at Good Wear, I have now completed my first jacket complete with a proper label and FANTASTIC Japanese zippers by Waldes....

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

DiamondDave

Jack and Greyhound,

Thanks again for all of the positive reviews. Obviously I still see the little errors that are present, (none of which is TOO detrimental) but I now have an appreciation for the work that goes into a properly made accurate repro. 100% Cotton thread is a BEAR to work with, the 3 oz. leather is tough as nails and can be very difficult to work with. I now know why the modern repro makers, outside of Japan, work in thinner leather as well as Nylon thread and simplified patterns.

These will soon retail for $650.00 USD, as I think that this is a rather "under served" price point and market. This price is for the Steerhide in either "Russet" or Black. I will later be offering a Horsehide version which will of course be slightly more. These will come with those fantastic "Waldes" zippers made in Japan and are far superior to ANY repro made in the USA currently.

Lastly I may also be offering an upgraded zipper set with actual repro Talon zippers, however these will be an additional 100.00 option as the Japanese zippers repros are somewhat more expensive. Not sure if anyone would even be interested in this option but I may make it thus anyway... What do you guys think?

Cheers and thanks again,

DD

greyhound52

Dave,
Again this work is fantastic. Price seems reasonable considering the work done on this and the fact you can have some peronnal attention (like what John gives). Think you have a winner.

Weasel_Loader

Looks like you really have something going. I'm not much for civilian type vintage leather, but that's some great craftsmanship! Love your work and ideas. Good luck. ;)

bseal

Sure, I'll take a black steerhide. When are they in production? Will it be offered in conjunction with those cool motorcycle hats? ;)