• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronco A-2 Patches

TMB

How to ruin a very nice original jacket. There was discussion elsewhere re applying modern art to originals, if the jackets are otherwise poor examples and it gives them a new lease of life, but this is criminal, to sew on modern patches to an original jacket - and a fantastic example too.

Hamsterbear

Looks like the vet went to some airshows during the 1980's and got the patches he sewed on. Easily removed, and hopefully they weren't glued on. Otherwise, it is quite salvageable.
-B

Andrew

Hamsterbear said:
hopefully they weren't glued on. Otherwise, it is quite salvageable.
-B
Brian I know what you mean, I've owned one of those with the modern overlocked edge patches glued and sewn on an original. The glue can really damage the top coating of the hide so if glued they're probably there for good.

T-Bolt

What a sad sight......those modern patches are REALLY crappy looking. Oh well, like some others have said.....maybe they are only sewn on--no glue. :(

Ted

Lignemaginot

Hamsterbear said:
Looks like the vet went to some airshows during the 1980's and got the patches he sewed on. Easily removed, and hopefully they weren't glued on. Otherwise, it is quite salvageable.
-B

The description says that they are sewn on.

Personally, I'd say that the jacket would have had a better chance of being "salvaged" if it had been glue - those stitch holes can never be repaired, and leave a postage-stamp perforation that eventually tears.