• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

british jacket

A

Anonymous

anyone knows what is the british equivalent of the m65 field jacket?
how it is called and what sizes they have?

thanks

ausreenactor

PLATON said:
anyone knows what is the british equivalent of the m65 field jacket?
how it is called and what sizes they have?

thanks

Are you referring to the old 'Bush Jacket' (Aussies call it the Bush Jacket but the British have a warm weather Bush Jacket and not the same. And this was our version of the M65) or the DPM stuff used later?

Couchy

A

Anonymous

Are you referring to the old 'Bush Jacket'

I refer to the british army camo jacket that I saw many students wearing when I was also a student at the uni in UK.
(I was wearing the m65 camo)

colekwok

PLATON said:

There are two modern types of smocks. One is the SAS smock, which is originated from WW2 I believe. The other one which is the general smock/jacket, which is very similar to the SAS smock but without the hood, later ones has a detachable one. They were very cheap on ebay a few years ago.

For the DPM camo patter, you can find the information here:

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=DPM

The current British camo is the MTP, multi terrain pattern, it is a direct descendent of the Crye Precision Multicam pattern. Apparent the US Army rejected the multicam and opted for the ACU instead.

As for the sizes, they do it something like 170/96, 180/104, etc. First value is the height/length of the jacket, second value is the chest size. Hope this helps.

colekwok

havocpaul said:
PLATON said:
this should be it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DPM-Combat-ja ... 41679beae7

If this is what you want then go for the older jackets as more recent examples are poorly made (made in China :eek: !) 1970's/80's ones are still cheap though the 60's smocks are the best especially zippers (I have one that has a RiRi and Talon together!).

I think one is still made in the UK? I only know that all the current MTP stuffs are made in China.