• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Breaking in leather trousers

A

Anonymous

I'm assuming that the principles are the same for trousers but just wanted to get the opinions of a few bikers on here:

I've bought a pair of NOS 60's Lewis Leathers Aviakit trousers. Unlike modern ones, they have no stretch panels or areas where the leather is rouched (?) up / gathered so that it can give when worn. The fashion nowadays is for skin tight leather both on and off the bike. I remember as a kid seeing guys with leathers that looked really too big in places (around the arse and knees) when they were standing up but which fit perfectly when on the bike.

So, can I wet my trousers and wear them on the bike in order to get the desired comfort fit for riding ?

Has anyone done this ?

Cheers, Dave

injunjack

Please don't wet your pants :mrgreen: (I couldn't resist)

Ride in rain with 'em trousers... couple of times, that'll do it. And a lot of use. That's the way to do it. Might take a while, but it's worth it, that way you get that biker look. Only grotch rocketeers ride in sausageskins :twisted:

Jack

edit, typo

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jack.

Nice to get confirmation from someone who knows his onions.

Cheers,
Dave